Receive Our Blog Updates By Email

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

AWANA


Tonight Faith goes to Awana! I am pretty happy for this opportunity. I grew up going to Awana and have some very nice memories of the program. For those of you who may not have heard of Awana, it is a kids club that focuses on Scripture memory to develop spiritually strong children and youth who faithfully follow Jesus Christ.


Each week more than 1 million kids ages 2 to 18 participate in Awana. Over 12,000 churches in the U.S. and more than 8,000 internationally run Awana programs that change young lives through biblical truth.


Why AWANA? The name is based on 2 Timothy 2:15
Approved
Workman
Are
Not
Ashamed


I'm looking forward to a great year with Faith there, and who knows, maybe we'll start our own club in Madagascar when we get there!

1 comments:

Nikkaru September 16, 2010 at 10:33 PM  

I remeber Awana. It was fantastic. I remember memorizing verses on the car ride to Awana lol.

On a side note, I thought of you and Rob today as I was at the zoo and was looking at the enclosure of "Madagascar hissing cockroaches"