Receive Our Blog Updates By Email

Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Island

Last week was spent on Vancouver Island. It was a wonderful time, full of visiting wonderful people! 


Because I spent the first 20 years of my life in Nanaimo, I was blessed to form some deep lasting friendships over those years. Returning to my hometown and seeing people I literally 'grew-up' with was so encouraging to me. I am very thankful for those relationships and recognize that it is a rare thing! How many individuals still visit and spend time with those they knew in their childhood and teen years? It encouraged me, also, to see how they were seeking to follow what God wants for their lives.

As we left Nanaimo, I could only hope that the people we spent time with last week were also encouraged and blessed by our visit.

2 comments:

Amanda September 11, 2010 at 9:24 AM  

I'm glad your time in nanaimo was so refreshing. Sorry we didn't get it there this time. Soon soon we'll manage to have a visit. xo

Melissa-Ann September 11, 2010 at 7:29 PM  

Yup, we WERE blessed by your family's visit!