Receive Our Blog Updates By Email

Monday, November 29, 2010

Colds Be Gone - Christmas Come

For the most part, the children are bouncing around the house once again. The noses continue to run, and the coughs are being very stubborn, but the kids seem to be on the mend. Emotions don't seem to be running quite so high as of late. However, I believe I am finally succumbing to this cold. It has tried to take me down a couple of times over the last few weeks, without success, but the sore throat is definitely the real thing this time!


On a higher note, we have pulled out our Christmas decorations. I was surprised at my sudden sentiment! Perhaps I have been putting off feeling certain things through this process of readying for the mission field, but now as Christmas is approaching quickly, certain things will inevitably be felt. Like, spending our last Christmas in this house for a very long time; decorating it for the last time, perhaps even seeing these silly decorations for the last time! Faith has been opening those boxes of decorations over the last couple of days, very anxious to get them up. It has been so cute to watch her enthusiasm over it. I think this is the first Christmas she has been so excited to pull these sorts of things out, which is neat for me, because it helps me reflect on my own childhood nostalgia.

We are also getting our Christmas newsletter ready to mail out! Please send us an e-mail if you'd like to receive one.

Are you decorating for Christmas yet?

2 comments:

Melissa-Ann December 3, 2010 at 5:33 PM  

oka, so this has nothing to do with your post. I love your hair in the sidebar family picture. Are the shorter layers longer than your jaw? I like it.
I got your card a few days ago.
I got the maf mag today too. read it too. ;0)

Rob and Karina Barber December 3, 2010 at 5:52 PM  

haha, that's funny you like my hair in that picture. i don't particularly, as i think it looks as though i'm balding in the front (as I tend to do about 6 months post-preggo) Those layers are longer than my jaw I think.
Glad to know you got the card and LifeLink. We just put your Newsletter in the mail yesterday so you should be getting that soon too :)