Receive Our Blog Updates By Email

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A Fun Family Day

 The commuter train in our town had a special on this December. Bring a new toy and ride the train for free! So we thought the kids would appreciate this experience. Plus, we were ready to do something fun as family. While we were downtown for the afternoon, we visited Science World. I thought it might be too old for our kids, but they loved it! I think if we'd (us parents) had the energy they would have gone and played with everything again.
My brother was over visiting, so he came along which worked out perfectly! Not only did we really enjoy his company, but having a pair of arms for each child was a must! I think Rob and I could have done it alone, it just would have been slower and I don't think we would have enjoyed it as much :) This way we were each able to follow a child around and we didn't have to worry so much where the other were.
 Faith and Wesley spent many minutes trying to talk to each other into the whisper dishes (I think they're called).
 Because Joyanne is walking now, she has discovered a new sense of freedom! She was toodling around the whole place and was taking it all in.
 Faith tried out many of the experiments.
The kids sat through an entire balloon show and Faith was picked as a volunteer at one point. She was pretty excited to be able to go "on stage."

 Joyanne playing with some very 'dirty' building blocks. Oh well, immune-building, right? :)
We had such a fun day. We were exhausted by the end of it, but so glad we took the time to go.

2 comments:

Melissa-Ann December 15, 2010 at 10:33 PM  

that looks so fun. I hope we can take our kids sometime! I remember going there as a teenager.

Amanda December 18, 2010 at 9:16 AM  

I love science world! How fun your kids got the opportunity to go even tho its so much effort for the parents! Good job!!