Receive Our Blog Updates By Email

Monday, January 24, 2011

Kimyal

I have a challenge to all our readers out there. I found a video the other day that really moved me and I would like to share it with all of you, but first the challenge.

Go around your house and count the number of different translations you have of the Bible. For most of us this number will probably be around 5-10 different translations. Seeing this video has again reminded me of the blessings that we so often take for granted living in this country. To see the joy, and excitement the Kimyal people have when they receive their first translation is a reminder of how precious God's Word is!

This is just one of the reasons MAF exists. You will notice that it is an MAF plane that brings the Bibles into the Kimyal people, but more than that it has been an MAF plane that has supported the work of the translators for years so that the Bible was able to be translated into their language. I have been asked in the past if we will be doing any "real" missionary work once we reach Madagascar?

The answer is YES! By using the skills that God has given me I will be one “gear” in the gear train. I will be supporting hundreds of missionaries from many different organizations through the service that MAF provides. But just as I will be only one “gear” and the translators another “gear” don’t think that the gear train is finished.

You too can be "gears"!! We would not be able to go and provide the service that MAF provides without partners (gears) back here at home being real missionaries and financially supporting us through MAF. We are all part of God's team.

So if after watching this video you too are moved by the joy of the Kimyal people in receiving their first Bible translation. I would ask that you go before our Lord and pray about whether He wants you to be a "gear" in our team.

Rob




Kimyal New Testament launch in Indonesia from United Bible Societies on Vimeo.

2 comments:

Josh and Jocelyn R. Plett January 26, 2011 at 12:18 AM  

nice!

i can definitely identify with those questions of "will you be doing any "real" mission work in madagascar. ha. As you say, it wouldnt be possible to have done that translation work, among many other things, without the aid of the plane (which is kept in-air by the AME and others).

We cant all be front liners, unfortunately, but like the body of Christ, every member is as valuable and important as the next one: the donors, the engineers, the pilots, the stay-at-home-moms, the translators and doctors and evangelists... Praise the LORD for a mission team that works together in Partnership!

The Eadies January 29, 2011 at 12:07 PM  

Amy and I just saw this video when in Nampa for candidacy. It totally impacted me as well, I had no idea you put it on your blog (I put it on my blog too)! Great minds think alike, well, if not great minds, then AME's I guess.