Receive Our Blog Updates By Email

Thursday, June 16, 2011

More Goodbyes

Our visit on the island is now over. It was difficult to say goodbye to my family, but we are confident of their prayer and support. Many things will be different when we visit them again. Such as, my littlest sister will likely be driving, and my mom will have graduated another son from high school.

I was excited to witness my sister's baptism during our visit, and I prayer her desire to follow the Lord with her life increases each day.

Even though many miles will separate us, I know we will stay in touch via the internet. My children are already extremely familiar with Skype and email. I have a few ideas of making their internet 'visits' special, and I'm looking forward to nurturing the unique relationship we will have across the ocean.

During our visit, we had the privilege of two open houses! And we were astounded at the numbers of people who came out to encourage us and say goodbye. God used each person to remind us of the calling He has laid on our hearts, and during a difficult farewell, we are confident that we are right in the middle of His will. Thanks to all who came out to see our family. It really meant a lot to us! :)

----Karina

1 comments:

Amanda July 2, 2011 at 5:36 PM  

I hate good byes! But I'm so excited for you guys. So much love, so much support. And so much good wishes follow you!