Receive Our Blog Updates By Email

Friday, January 27, 2012

First Weeks of Work

Well it has been a few weeks since we landed here in Madagascar and I (Rob) thought that I would write a bit about what has been happening at the hanger. Since our arrival I have set up my office and basically been bound to my desk ever since sorting out paperwork and other jobs that have been left for "Rob." :)

I don't mind this, I knew before I arrived that there would be a lot of things waiting for my attention once I set up shop. It is also a good way for me to get my feet under this new role and learn all the details about running a maintenance shop. Over the next few months there will be lots of changes that are going to happen, manuals that need to be revised, a new maintenance inspection program needs to be incorporated, as well as all the details involving the arrival of another aircraft, a Cessna 182 SMA diesel. Some of the things that have to be worked out is all the spare parts that need to be ordered and shipped, all the special tooling required for another aircraft, and all the paperwork involved with exporting an aircraft from USA and importing an aircraft into Madagascar. We don't want it to arrive here and find out that we needed some special tool/part and be stuck waiting for that tool/part when the aircraft should be out flying and serving the people.






I am really enjoying being back "working" again at the thing I love to do and am really excited to be a part of the team here.


It will be a busy few months as we move forward with all the challenges but I know that the Lord is with us and will help us. It's a wonderfully comforting feeling knowing that you are where God wants you to be. My prayer for everyone is that you be where God wants you to be and feel the comfort that He provides.


0 comments: