Receive Our Blog Updates By Email

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Victory!!

One of the things that some of you who have been to Africa will know is that Africa has Rats. Even though we live in a very beautiful compound we still see probably 3 rats a day running around. Karina even saw one at the kitchen door once and since then we have made sure to keep the kitchen door closed. Well I don't like rats and neither does Karina so the other day I was talking to my neighbor about the rats and he asked me if I knew how to make a snare, well it's been a long time since I have made a snare but hey I had some wire so why not try it and VICTORY!!! we have killed our first rat! hopefully not our last. Now me and my neighbor are both on a mission to rid our compound of as many rats as we can. So more snares went up tonight.

I would share a picture of this victory but most of you probably wont want to see a picture of a dead rat so for now you will have to use your imagination. Or if you really want to see my boy scout snare just send me an e-mail.

Rob

1 comments:

Amanda February 26, 2012 at 10:02 AM  

haha we just rid our 'compound' of rats too. tricky little guys. we did the rat traps and a garbage can with seeds that we traded out the seeds for water to drown them. Perhaps not as kind as your boy scout snare.